- 4 blood oranges, divided
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Orange zest of one orange
- Zest one orange and place in medium saucepan. Using small sharp knife, cut white pith from all 4 oranges. Working over another small bowl to catch juices, cut between orange membranes to release segments. Squeeze any remaining juice from membranes into bowl. Discard membranes. Coarsely chop orange segments or you can leave them as they are and add to saucepan along with any juices. Add juices from bowl to saucepan. Stir in honey/maple syrup, coarsely ground black pepperand rosemary. Bring to boil over medium-high heat and cook uncovered until thick and reduced to 1/2 cup, stirring frequently, about 20 minutes. Cool. Season with more ground black pepper to taste and with fresh lemon juice, if desired.
- This jam is great served with soft cheeses (goat’s cheese, Boconcini, Brie and especially Blue cheese) or with roasted Lamb or Beef. You could even use it as part of a salad dressing. how ever you choose to serve your blood orange jam, enjoy.